Monday, February 7, 2011

Collage Obsession: Family

Eila hosted the Collage Obsession Challenge and the theme was “Family.” Lucky for me! It seems I was in sync with Eila, as I had my favorite photo on my desk for the last three weeks…
This is it! It’s quite ancient, actually. It’s from the 80’s…LOL:






I decided to feature it in a scrapbook page. This is what I created:





(Click any photo for a larger view)


Here's a closeup of what I wrote about my Stepdad and my Mother:



And myself and my brother:






A few reasons that I love the family photo are: 




FIRST, it shows our blended family (at a party).  My Mother remarried when I was younger, and it took everyone awhile to adjust to each other, and our new life together…We had triumphs and struggles, as all families do. 


SECONDLY, it’s one of the few photos I have where we are ALL looking at the camera at the same time! LOL. 

THIRDLY, and perhaps most importantly (not), I am wearing my favorite, “Hang Ten” T-shirt & white pants. OMGoodness, back-in-the-day, that was one of my go-to outfits. LOL.

Well...thanks so much for stopping by today.

As someone who recently lost a family member, my advice is to reach out to family & friends that you love, and let them know it – while they’re here…today

Thrive, God Bless & XOX 

P.S.
I also have an older stepbrother and stepsister. We did not grow up together…Over the years, we’ve had many family celebrations where we were ALL present; but I don’t think I have a photo of all SIX of us (in same photo). I’m going to start searching for one today! (Smile)

(Products used: All night Media Pop Dots to “pop-up” picture frame, Puzzle pieces by Li’l Davis Designs, “Sun-kissed” frame by My Mind’s Eye, Making Memories Brads, Tags & Puzzle pieces inked with Ranger Inks: Big and Juicy Blue, Scrapbooker’s Palette “Brights” )



6 comments:

Eila A said...

Tiffany, your scrapbook page is wonderful - it's fantastic to see and read how much love there is in your family, and you have expressed this feeling so well on your page. Thank you for participating!

Tiffany said...

Thank you, Eila. I loved the "Family" theme you picked for us this week!

My Mom thanks you, too. LOL. She's quite pleased, and said I made her day :) ...

So "Thank You!" XO

Poeticthnkr said...

What a beautiful "Family" page creation. I am so sorry for the recent loss of your family member and know all too well about spending time with those that we love and letting them know how much meaning they bring to our lives. My youngest brother left this world at the young age of 25 and it was completely devastating for all of us. It reminds you to always live in the moment you are in...to never wait...
Thank you for the beautiful comments you left for me as well Tiffany. =)

Tiffany said...

Poeticthnkr, thanks so much for your kind comments, and telling me about your loss. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother...Death is difficult to deal with at any age, but 25 yrs. is much too young. He was just starting out...

christina said...

omgoodness! i love this story. yes, cherish this photo.
such an amazing page.
XO

Tiffany said...

Thanks so much, Christina! I'm looking forward to visiting you at SOUL APERTURE again. It's a weekly treat to myself.
XOX!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...