Sunday, February 7, 2010

Collage Obsession: A Pair

This time the challenge at Collage Obsession  is to use the image provided of a couple and/or the words “a pair.” I loved the image of the couple. After trying a few things, I decided to make a bookmark. Here is my entry:

                                           (Scanned Photo)


Here is a closer look (with lots of sunlight):


                          
I’ve been married for 10+ years and I thought about what it means to be a pair… I was also influenced by the serious look of the man and woman in the photograph. So, this is what I wrote:


Through it all…
Joy and sadness,
Triumph and loss,
Clarity and confusion,
Thick and thin…
We are bound.
We are a pair.

Here are a few details about the bookmark:
  • The size is 5"x7"
  • The photograph was printed on transparency film.
  • The poem was printed on transparency film.
  • The map was edged in Distress Ink. (Tea Dye)
  • The brown border was edged in Archival Ink. (Jet Blk)


Thanks so much for stopping by & taking a look.


Peace, God Bless & XOX!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Fantastic creation! Great words!!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Love this piece and enjoying your blog too. I am looking forward to seeing more of what you do! x

Heljä said...

I like this. Thanks for visiting my blog (even it is mostly in Finnish)

Ozstuff said...

Yes, wonderful words and a simply beautiful piece of art. I love your blog and your whimsical username Tiffany's Epiphany. Fantastic.

*iTkUpiLLi* said...

Your bookmark is so beautiful, not only the look, but also the content, so touching words. And also very elaborate work. I really love it.

Thanks for participating. :)

Lorraine said...

love your little bookmark and may you have good luck with your resolutions..I will probably submit some more work to stampington too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...