Sunday, November 10, 2013

Collage Obsession: Open Show & Tell




This week the theme at Collage Obsession Challenge is OPEN, so people can create whatever they want! So, it's show & tell time!

Here are 2 quick mail art envelopes I made:


Note: I try to keep samples for myself, so I remember what I've done!


Note: Address shown is a fancy P.O. box, not my home address.


I have S-L-O-W-L-Y been getting into the mail art scene. It's nice to exchange mail art with others. There's always an artful surprise waiting for you when you check your mailbox! If you are interested in exchanging mail with others around the world, a good group to join is IUOMA: International Union of Mail Artists.  It's free, and once you sign up, you can meet people from all around the world and exchange mail with them. Your art can be as simple or complex as you like. Whatever floats your boat! To check out the site, just click: ***HERE***.  (If you decide to join, just click the Sign Up button in the right column.)

My goal is to create at least one new envelope a week, but it doesn't always happenLOL. I am working on a freelance project right now, and it is taking quite a bit of time. I hope to pick up the pace soon.

You might also enjoy this blog about mail art: Red Letter Day Zine Blog by Jennie Hinchcliff .I read it regularly! (Just click on the title to go to the blog.)

Thank you for stopping by! To enter the challenge/show & tell this week, or to see the other entries, just click:*here*. 


Hugs &
God Bless!


P.S.
Products used -
Rubber stamps from Cavallini & Co.
Mail man from Tumblefish Studio at DeviantScrap.com

14 comments:

peggy gatto said...

These are grand!!

Deann said...

Your envelopes a awesome Tiffany what a treasure to receive one of them in the mail...beautiful work.

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Fabulous mail art, Tiffany!!!

indybev said...

I haven't done any mail art for a long time, and your beautiful pieces make me want to take it up again. Both pieces are very clever. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

Paper rainbow said...

Mail art envelopes are new to me, I had no idea they could look so great! Thanks for explaining in this lovely show and tell!!

Karla B said...

Awesome art!Love mail art!

Tiffany said...

Gee, thanks everyone!!

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

These are wonderful - thanks for sharing the info on trading - I may have to look into this : )

Lou Anne Hazel said...

Your mail art is lots of fun!

EarlK said...

Great work. A few years back when I was a kid, I used to ride the P.E. red car to Long Beach and go swimming in the Plunge at Long Beach

Ritva said...

Thers are great, I like the last one best.

Electra said...

Good for you for committing to do this. I love getting wonderful art in the mail. These are delightful!

Eila A said...

Long time no see, Tiffany! But I'm still around, just a bit too busy and a lot too blocked. But I love both of your envelopes - so bright and joyful, wonderful retro style. And thanks for the mail art links - that's something I have to consider!

Tiffany said...

Thank you Eila and everyone else for taking time to comment. I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...