Monday, July 4, 2011

OZ!

I’m hosting Collage Obsession this week (click here to see site). I chose Oz for our theme. “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”, by L. Frank Baum, was first published in 1900.

Here’s a promotional poster from the 1900s, isn’t it charming? You can’t beat W.W. Denslow’s illustrations!


You know, I have to admit that I can relate to the “Cowardly Lion” in the story. So many times when faced with new things, I react with FEAR instead of courage. Ummm…I’m working on that. My zodiac sign is “Leo”, and guess what? I have T-H-I-C-K, brown hair that looks like a LION’S MANE in the morning. Just ask my husband. LOL!

So…while thinking about my favorite lion, I decided to try something new. I created an Artist Trading Card on Stampbord (a special surface). I usually make scrapbook pages or greeting cards, so I wasn’t used to working on a small scale. Well, ATCs are small in my opinion :). Take a peek:



                                                     (ATC size 2.5” x 3.5”)

For a closer view, you may click on this photo:


I debated whether I should have "CouRagE" in a straight line, or a crooked one. Crooked won! Since the lion & Dorothy are in a hurry, there's no time for neatness.

Details on how I created the ATC are listed at the end of this post. However, I can’t sign off without sharing one of my favorite movie/music clips. It's from “The Wiz” with Diana Ross & Michael Jackson. Of course it’s all about ***my sweet (scary?) LION pretending to brave. The lion is played by Ted Ross. He won a Tony Award for performing the role on Broadway! Take a look. (Please note: the clip ends at 2:48 and is followed by some promos.)


Hope you like that as much as I do! Thanks for stopping by!

Enjoy the 4rth of July holiday…
Thrive, God Bless & XOX

P.S.
Steps/details on the Artist Trading Card:
1. Sponge & blend ink onto ATC
2. Stamp text - by Stampington & Company/J6221 Writing Set
3. Stamp decorative arrows - by Crafty Secrets/SM03 French Mail
4. Attach copper letters - by Making Memories
5. Embellish clip art with “Stickles” glitter glue
6. Adhere clip art to ATC Card

7 comments:

Rick said...

your courage card is wonderful-what a treasure

OZ has so many possibilities and the original illustrations are best I agree

I was at Universal when they made the WIZ so I got to meet the lion-brings back many memories

Kaylene said...

A wonderful card, well done and thank you for the challenge.

Deann said...

Beautiful work Tiffany...very well done. Love the courage message!!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, guys!
Rick: omg, you met Ted Ross (aka The Lion from The Wiz)? E-mail incoming! LOL.

Isabelle said...

Tiffany, I love your ATC card!! Ho my god this makes me want to do ATC cards!! ... so sad I did not do your challenge on the Wizard of Oz... it was an awesome idea!! And your card is superb!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks so much, Isabelle! We're honored anytime you have time to do a "Collage Obsession" challenge!

Friends, if you haven't seen Isabelle's illustrations, you're in for a treat! Check out her site at: www.eyecreate.com

Tiffany said...

Okay Friends, try it one more time. It may look the same, but it should work this time (below).

www.eyecreate.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...